Crucial to our aims is stimulating an interest in local heritage and engaging with local people to help protect and enhance our unique urban environment.
In order to pursue this the Society:
- holds meetings and events that bring local people together to highlight and discuss issues affecting the built and natural environment of Stoke-on-Trent;
- designs and organises learning programmes, debates, visits and open days;
- initiates and works with others to raise funds and carry out heritage and regeneration projects;
- campaigns for more inclusive planning, high quality development, better use of land, energy and resources, and the protection of heritage assets;
- responds to and comment upon planning applications, regeneration strategies, built environment policies and amenity proposals;
- shares information about our activities and those of other organisations who share our views.